Friday, February 17, 2006

I think I've entered the stage of pregnancy where you get more energy. I don't think it lasts all day because it's 7:30 and I'm knackered, dudes.

Okay, so I woke up at 4 am and couldn't go back to sleep. For some reason sometimes when I wake up really early so does Kaj. His crib music started blaring at about 4:30 and we ignored it and he seemed to go back to sleep. However, I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about all the things I needed to get done today before we fly to California tomorrow...you know how that is? Plus, I really wanted to get a manicure/pedicure and I started feeling really bummed because I knew I was going to have to work really hard doing everything and I wasn't going to have time to reward myself for tasks well done. Then I realized I could just get up and start packing. So I did. At almost 5. Eric made me give him my pillow so he could cover his face when I turned on the light. Poor baby.

By 7am I had packed my clothes, cleaned the kitchen, took care of Kaj and made his lunch for school. I was unstoppable. I took Kaj to school and returned home to work an inital design presentation for a new client (my mother's kitchen). I finished that at 11, put it in an envelope and raced over to the toy store to get Kaj some bribe toys. We say if he's good on the plane, he gets a new Thomas the tank engine. It works like a charm, and I see nothing wrong with rewarding good behavior.

As luck would have it, across the street was a "Nails" sign and I ran right over. It was blessedly dead in there and I had time to get just a pedicure....alas, not both. I chose an adorable shimmery shell pink nail polish and because I didn't want to ruin my $30 feet by putting on my socks and clogs, I asked for the paper flip flops and figured it wouldn't be a big deal to wear them back to my car. Well, it was windy as hell and as I shuffled across 4 lanes of traffic, my right flop blew off. I'm sure i looked like a homeless person. I just kept walking cuz what else could I do? So I got to my car with my left foot shod (if a paper flip flop is considered shod), and the right sole contaminated with Wisconsin Avenue schmutz. Actually, I looked at the bottom of my foot when I got in my car, and I think I've seen my feet dirtier just from being in my own house. Sick.

I picked up Kaj in plenty of time and I just felt so productive. Of course, no one at Kaj's school knew or cared, all they noticed was my bare feet. But they are SO cute!!! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I LOVE the admission that your feet have been dirtier in your own house. It's that kind of honesty that links us, dontcha think?

12/6/06 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home