Sunday, January 22, 2006

DIY time

Kaj's hair was so long he was truly in shaggy dog territory. We could barely see his eyes and the poor boy kept blinking because his bangs were poking his eyeballs. Something Had to Be Done. So I bribed him with Frango mints and told him to keep still for five minutes. In that time, with quite minimal squirming, I was able to lop off an 1 1/2" of hair and do some layering on top. The back isn't quite what we'd like, since it looks a bit girly bob-like, but at least he looks a little more groomed.

As I write this, Eric is installing our bathroom faucets since Dingleberry the Plumber decided to show up unannounced while we were out yesterday. The man doesn't own a cell phone and apparently doesn't bother to use his home phone to call and let us know when he's coming. Let's call a spade a spade: He's screwed everything up and he's past the point of caring about this job. That and he's probably not been paid for a month.

My mom's in town and we went to breakfast at the Ritz and then she took me shopping for my birthday. It was fun. I like to go to the Ritz and pretend I have more money than Croesus, but yet I'm a totally down-to-earth and unpretentious. I enjoy the riches I have, but I don't try to flaunt it. More Melanie Gates than Paris Hilton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home