Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Loo blues

Hi! This is a new and much easier home for me. Not like you care, all you know is that I've been wretched at keeping up with my posts, but I've vowed to make this a 2006 resolution. Even if I just log in and write My God I'm so Goddamn tired, I will log in and write that. I mean it!!! Thanks readers for asking about me, hearing that has been very encouraging!

Let's get down to bitching and complaining, shall we? Oh Goody.

First, on a positive note, I finally found a yoga class that meets at the same time Kaj is in preschool. I have been searching for MONTHS for a yoga studio that has a class that meets in the mid-morning. You'd think in a town lousy with rich politicians, lawyers and lobbyists, not to mention mommies and students of every stripe, there'd be quite a few people who DON'T work during the day and need a decent yoga class. One that doesn't start at dawn, thank you. Well, I looked and finally found it. It's in Georgetown of course. And this yoga studio is also a spa and also has classes in this gizmo called "gyrotronics". As far as I can tell its this machine with pulleys and handles and crap which you have to pull on and maneuver--its what pilates used to be when only dancers had the inclination to do it. Whatever, I'll probably never try it, but this place is amazing. It's totally gorgeous and there's lockers, showers, mats, slippers and robes--all free with the price of the class, that is. It's weird how special it made me feel. I'm buying a pass tomorrow after I get my massage.

We have been in the process of renovating the bathroom. My contractor, to whom I have given a lot of business, offered to do the job for labor and materials costs only. We couldn't pass it up, so we said okay. It was supposed to be done at the end of December, but you know, it wasn't. The big glitch was that the plumber installed the wall-mounted faucets BACKWARDS. It is really a long explanation and so totally boring, but basically the faucets are modern and different and if you are dumber than shit, you may have trouble installing them correctly. We figured out that the faucets were wrong after the backsplash and counter-top were already tiled. So they had to rip most of it out and do some re-plumbing. The plumber kept trying to tell me things, but a real big problem with our working relationship is he only speaks Spanish and the Spanish I speak mostly has to do with "how do you say that in spanish?" "I don't know" or "he is handsome". The man has a the cliche plumber's butt and smells like wet pennies, so the word "handsome" is not going come up in conversation.

We may get done with the bathroom by the end of January. I will be posting before and after photos.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're back! I've missed your blog sistah!

12/1/06 6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello MB---you know I secretly, or maybe not so secretly, think you are the best, funniest writer around. Perhaps it is your theatrical/comedic experience that
lends humor and drama to every thought. You are the great!

12/1/06 8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm with MGM!

And she and I will be checking daily for posts (no pressure, though!). Your take on the world in fun, fun, fun!

Betsy

12/1/06 10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

23/1/06 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home