Tuesday, February 07, 2006

FOOD

I made my special lemon bundt cake for Eric's birthday. Doesn't that sound so 50s? But really, it's our favorite cake around here. It's basically a pound cake with buttermilk and lots of fresh lemon juice and so much zest that you almost go insane shaving lemon after lemon after lemon. But it's for a good cause!

We recently re-calibrated our oven because we had an incident with a whole roasted chicken that took over four hours to cook. We ended up eating at 11pm. Eric decided that Something Had to Be Done and he, the darling, read the oven manual, which you can find online. Did you know that? You can find pretty much any owners manual online? So after reading said manual, he fiddled with the controls and fixed the oven so that it was more accurate. Now that it's more accurate (and I also have a separate oven thermometer on the oven rack for a second opinion) my baked goods come out perfectly done.

As a result, this lemon cake is damn, damn good. Possibly my best. So good in fact, that I constantly think about it sitting there on my counter. All lemony and buttery and moist. I just had a good sized slice of it (i rode the exercise bike) and sadly, it filled me up about as much as a breath of air. Don't you hate it when that happens? I could eat another slice so easily. I'm definitely going to have another slice after dinner. I'm so afraid of gaining 400 pounds during this pregnancy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home