Thursday, January 26, 2006

the dulcet tones of the dishwasher

I've got a pannini in my belly, my kid's put to bed, the dishwasher is started and there's only one dirty pan on the stove. Life is good. It also looks like the second half of Must See TV could be pretty good finally. I like The Office and I'll watch My Name is Earl, although I don't love it. Will and Grace is cloying and I wish someone would call time of death on ER. They'll cancel Arrested Development but ER is allowed to go unchecked for centuries. More disasters have hit that hospital than Pakistan, Indonesia and New Orleans combined.

The bathroom is done, but we used the bathtub last nite and when Eric went downstairs, there was water coming from the kitchen light fixture and puddling on the floor. And guess what? I totally forgot about it until this afternoon when I remembered to call Norman, our contractor. I'm totally numb to this whole situation. I simply do not give a crap anymore. It has moved from maddening to kind of funny.

On the bright side, Lupe, the lady that cleans for us pronounced our new bathroom "Absolutely beautiful". Awww, she's so sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home