Thursday, March 02, 2006

Back in the swamp

We're back in DC and it's chilly here. And the light is different, more white rather than gold. Or I should say GRAY rather than gold. I miss all the flowers too. I love California. The mountains, the vegetation, the ocean. Sigh. Well, someday after i finish school and can get a decent job maybe we can move there. But then there's the stuff you have to think about: you have to be a two-car family. And houses that aren't in the 'burbs are just as expensive or more so than here. I hate reality.

We had a great time and did tons of things while on vacation. I read two books, both were a little disappointing. One was a murder mystery by Dick Francis called, hmm, I honestly can't remember, how's that? It had something to do with horses, but aren't all his books about horses? It was an entertaining story, but then it ended up that the young maiden, a supposed "suicide" in the book happened because of a group sex experiment around auto-erotic aspyxiation. Really classy, huh? I'm not a prude but I think Dick Francis is a freak.

The other book was "Dog Days" by Ana Marie Cox, the girl who did the popular DC blog "Wonkette.com". It's a sort-of insider look at the campaign machinations in DC. She has a great sense of humor and funny dialogue, but she wouldn't know a good plot if it bit her in the ass. It was reminiscent of the cheesy books I used to love in junior high. Completely juvenile and absolutely meaningless. I will admit that I read the whole thing, however.

More later, I've got to take Kaj to gym class. Cute picture huh? Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home